Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday Update:

Goodness so much has happened this week already!

Sunday I through a fabulous yet low key surprise brunch for the roomie (Jen). Our friend Dana and I simply told her that we were taking her for the day and what time she had to be ready. I called a couple of our close girlfriends and had them meet at at Hyde Park Bar and Grill. They have the best brunch and great drink specials for Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's. She was to say the least SURPRISED! I was so happy it all came together and she never found out. To top it off the most adorable little boy just trotted over to our table and started singing Happy Birthday, he was too too cute. After brunch we all went and treated ourselves to mani/pedis and some wine. All in all it was a great Sunday with good friends and tons of relaxation. I think we all agreed birthday or no birthday this needs to be a monthly date. Love you Jen and hope you had a fabulous birthday!

^ This is Jen and I celebrating her brothers birthday during Thanksgiving. He wasn't there but we treated ourselves to Benihana with our boys anyways.

Next BIG update for the week......I FINALLY got a new TV. I have been using my parents 10 year old huge box of a television since I left for college. I saw no problem watching it. To me it was the same as these new yet way more expensive TV's. I would rather spend that money on shoes dresses and makeup. But it was brought to my attention that I needed an update so I have been looking around trying to find one I like and low and behold Wal-Mart had the one:

It's super light weight, very thin and I must admit I can tell a difference in the picture. It's got HD LCD LED, all those 'D' things they come with now. The boys in my office informed me I need to get an HD cable box now, yea I don;t think so. Baby steps. Baby steps. It was funny because I kinda threw a fit when Jeff and i set it up because Im used to my big square TV that I can put stuff on top of for decorating. This TV is wide and thin and leave me little space for flowers and frames on my dresses. Eventually I want to get a wall mount for it, but again...baby steps.


Roomie and I re-signed our lease this week also. This means no moving! I think we finally found an apartment we love. We have been happy here for 8 months now and will be here for another year, Thank Goodness. I hate moving and the only thing good about it is a fresh new room. Which I'm going to do anyways. new paint new bedding and some perfect new organizing ideas I have found the past few months. Such a relief no packing and no movers! Our rent stays the same and the complex is even sending maids over to give our place a good clean as a thank you for resigning.

And last but not least.....the SPURS killed the mavs last night! Going to be a great series!

No comments:

Post a Comment