Monday, July 11, 2011

4th

Every year on the 4th of July my neighborhood back home hosts a race called 5 mile my way. Yo can walk, run, bike, rollerblade, skateboard, whatever you wish through the neighborhood for 3 or 5 miles. We used to do this when I was younger and I thought it would be a fun way to get my miles in on Monday. I guess this race seemed so much bigger when I was little, that or the turn out has shrunk quite a bit since back then.

Jeff and my God sister Lara ran it with me and we had a blast. It was fun to revisit the race after all these years and see how much had changed. Boy was it hot though! We all finished though and had a great time running it. Shirts to prove it haha.


Before the race:

After the race:


In TNT news we had our mission practice this past Saturday. I was out of town last season and never made it to mission practice so this was a first for me. It was pretty awesome hearing from one of our honored teammates and really reminds me of what I'm doing this for. I started a new concept to push myself when I feeling like walking or skipping a workout: There are people out there who don't have the option to skip a doctors appointment or surgery when they don't feel like it. So i push myself to finish and complete my runs to the best of my ability because I have the option to fight and I'm going to!

Don't forget every penny counts. I'll do the running all you have to do is type your CC info :)

Thanks again for all the love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment