Thursday, September 15, 2011

running running running

I have not given up on this so called blog of mine. I have been running like a crazy person. Literally. Our coach even canceled practice this morning and 4 of us still went and ran together like crazy people. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to running, it's become more of my daily routine and I feel off all day if I've missed a run. 

I don;t take my run time to think about things or anything like that. I just run. I can't really explain it like other maybe can. It's not easy for me by any means and I think that's why I'm sticking with it. I want to keep pushing myself till it becomes easy. You know you see those people running down the street or on the treadmill in the gym and it just looks like they are doing it with such grace. No grace here. I'm pretty sure the people watching me feel sorry for me and sometimes want to ask me to stop in fear I might fall over. It's a struggle every day. Don't get me wrong I have some great run days where I feel on top of the world and it makes my week but, those are far and few between. 

If I'm running only 2 miles I can run pretty fast and do an 8-8:30minute mile. Anything over 2 I tend to slow my pace to about a 11-11:30minute mile. I have to slow my pace for longer distances. I'm still trying to build y endurance up. Aren't we all? My goal is to run a 1/2 by next summer without stopping once and running 9:30minute miles. YIKES! Who knows I may surprise myself. It's definitely going to get a lot easier once this weather cools down and the humidity lets up a little bit. 

One thing I've learned is never judge people about their running until you've done it. It is extremely hard on your body and can be not only physically draining but emotionally draining as well. We all have our different habits that help us get through the miles and hey whatever works best for you, go after it!

No comments:

Post a Comment