Monday, November 22, 2010

be thankful

Yesterday was just one of those funky moods day. You know the one where you just feel exhausted and don't have the energy to do anything but lie in bed and feel sorry for whatever may not be perfect in your life. I tend to get frustrated easily and let little petty things get to me way to much. Then this morning I was reading a friends blog and she mentioned how a few days ago she felt the same frustration yet blessed at the same time. Perked me right up reading her post.

I am so thankful for my life and everything God has given me. I have an amazing family who I miss daily. Some great friends that will always be there for me. The sweetest most patient man in my life who is so kind to everyone. Two great jobs where I enjoy the company of everyone I work with. Just simply blessed.

I find it easy these days to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the world and hard to just sit back and look around realizing how truly amazing life is. Sure I've had some rough times, who hasn't. Sure I think why did this happen to me? But there are going to be rough times and I truly think there are reasons behind everything. I know in my heart God will not give me anything I cannot handle rather on my own or with some help from loved ones.

I just kicked myself this morning after reading her blog and reminded myself how wonderful my life is and can be if you just stay positive. Remember the "song" Free to wear sunscreen? I downloaded it last night and that message alone is pretty great when you take the time and listen to what he's saying.

Found a copy here (with words). Maybe this will perk you up if your having a funky mood day also.

Happy Turkey week!

No comments:

Post a Comment