Tuesday, November 9, 2010

such a sad world we live in...

Have you heard about this? This really makes me sick to my stomach that some people would react this way to a 5 YEAR OLD playing dress up!

Nerdy Apple Bottom is a blog by a mother and her latest entry is about her 5 year old son who wanted to dress up as the girl from Scooby Doo for Halloween. This story has gone national and she was even interviewed on CNN recently from all the attention it has brought upon her family. More then 1 million people have viewed her blog and over 40,000 comments have been made. 

I have to say I could not agree with her MORE! It is so sad to think that it wasn't even the kids in his classroom frowning upon his costume choice but the mothers and adults around. So immature and flabbergasting that some people are raising their children to be judgmental like this. Why is this such an issue? They are so many devastating things going on in the world right now and America is wasting their breath talking about a 5 year old who picked a creative Halloween costume. 

I hope that I can be 1/2 the mother this mother seems to be and allow my future children to express themselves and just be kids while they still can be. Who cares, what damage is this sweet little boy doing by choosing this Halloween costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment