Friday, January 7, 2011

grace

I read on a frieds blog that she is focusing on one word a year. Each year, instead of compiling a long list of things you want to do to fix yourself and make your life better, just focus on one word. Any word. Not a word that you are not, but a word that you aspire to be. There's a slight difference.

My word this year is grace. I need it big time.

I need to learn to accept grace when I do something that I am ashamed of or act out in a way that makes me want to hide.

I need to learn to give others grace when they don't do things how I would or if they don't live up to my unrealistic expectations.

I need to learn to have grace in my relationship because there are two very imperfect people at work in there who both need a lot of forgiveness and patience.

I need to learn to allow grace in my daily life when things are out of order and not lined up just right for the uber-organized, Type-A control-freak who lives inside of me.

I need grace daily and I need to repeat this word daily, hourly, moment by moment.

Here we go 2011, I'll handle you with Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment