Monday, January 31, 2011

marathon!

Ladies and Gentlemen take your seats. This may be a bit of a shock to most of you.....I'M RUNNING A MARATHON! June 5th 2011 in sunny San Diego I will be running 26.4 miles. This is not something I have always wanted to do. No I am not a runner or in shape, but come June 5th I will be. 

I'm training with TNT- Team in Training. A little about TNT from their website:

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT) is the world's leading sports charity training program. TNT's dynamic, hands-on training program enables participants to realize their dream of completing a marathonhalf marathontriathloncentury ride or hike adventure.
TNT participants get individualized training programs created by certified coaches; mentors to assist with fundraising; and the support from teammates who share their goals. To further ensure a great experience, TNT also provides great clinics on topics like gear, apparel, nutrition and injury prevention. TNT handles all the arrangements for the fabulous event weekend so you can focus on your race.
I am very excited about this journey ahead and can't wait to cross the finish line. I know this will be such and amazing experience and I am beyond excited to be a part of something such as TNT. 
I need to raise $2,900 for the marathon. 75% of this is donated to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training and the other 25% will go toward my food, hotel and travel. If you have any questions or would like more information please feel free to e-mail me at reesa(dot)berger(@)gmail. Even if it's only $10 every little bit counts and can help. Feel Free to pass this along to anyone and everyone. Here is the link to my donation page if your feeling generous. Remember it can also be a tax write off. Every penny helps and is donated to a great cause. I'm going to try my best and raise more than my goal!
I will be trying to update as much as possible about my progress, pain, and suffering...I kid. Seriously though I will be trying to post as much as possible to keep anyone who wants to follow along updated on how this experience is. 
We started training bright and early this past Saturday at 7am. 4 miles was the goal for the day. Kelly (my friend who is running with me) and I ran 2 miles. Seeing as neither one of us are runners and work out maybe once a month we started with 2 miles. However we felt so excited after our first 2 miles at team practice that after we got some breakfast and some much needed supplies we ran the other 2 miles! I felt it yesterday and still feeling it today. My thighs my cavs all over. I know that once I get past this first month of training I will be less sore and the training will be more of a routine. 
Hope everyone is having a good Monday. Not looking forward to the cold weather later this week. BUUUURRRRR!


2 comments: