Thursday, January 27, 2011

grey

I always find my thoughts and moods in songs. A couple of days...maybe weeks ago this song was being played over and over. I always tend to find songs that fit my mood and play them over and over till it changes. It's funny to me how someone I've never known can make me feel like they are singing directly to me. Make me feel as if they are sometimes inside my mind and helping me spill out my thoughts. I wonder if artists out there realize how much of an impact they really do have?



Oh look at how she listens 
She says nothing of what she thinks 
She just goes stumbling through her memories 
Staring out onto Grey St. 
And she thinks...hey 
How did I come to this 
I dreamed myself thousand times around the world 
But I can't get out of this place 
There's an emptiness inside her 
And she'd do anything to fill it in 
But all the colors mix together 
To grey, and it breaks her heart 
Oh how she wishes it was different 
She prays to God most every night 
And though she swears He doesn't listen 
There's still a hope in her He might 
She says I pray 
But they fall on deaf ears 
Am I supposed to take it on myself 
To get out of this place 
There's a loneliness inside her 
And she'd do anything to fill it in 
And though it's red blood bleeding from her now, 
It feels like cold blue ice in her heart 
When all the colors mix together 
To grey, and it breaks her heart 
There's a stranger speaks outside her door 
Says take what you can from your dreams 
Make them real as anything 
It will take the work out of the courage 
She says please 
There's a crazy man that's creeping outside my door 
I live on the corner of Grey Street 
And the end of the world 
Oh there's an emptiness insider her 
And she'd do anything to fill it in 
And though it's red blood bleeding from her now 
It's more like cold blue ice in her heart 
She feels like kicking out all the windows 
And setting fire to this life 
She could change everything about her 
Using colors bold and bright 
But all the colors mix together 
To grey 
And it breaks her heart...Oh and it breaks her heart 
To grey, Yeah...

Grey Street, By: Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment