Monday, August 15, 2011

so close!

3 more short months till marathon #2. I have to express how much I'm enjoying my new life since I started training just 7 short months ago. 

I loved fast food, never worked out, drank more then I should and purchased Marlboro's weekly. I knew I wanted to turn my life around but I wanted to do it on my own terms and when I was ready. Evidently training for a marathon is the exact push I needed. I haven't touched a cigarette since the night January, I only drink the occasional glass of red wine, and I am a work out guru. I even work out twice a day 3 days a week. I LOVE it. I have never felt so healthy and full of energy in my life. I'm eating great and cooking every night. Eating healthy alone has made me feel incredible. One thing that helped was actually reading what was in the food I was eating. READ ABOUT WHAT YOU EAT! I couldn't believe what I was putting into my body. 

Add to that the amazing feeling of raising money for such a great cause. I'm an active member of Big Brothers Big Sisters and help out once a year with Susan G Koman but this experience would be my favorite. Knowing that the money were raising is helping save peoples lives really pushes me to run that extra mile every week. 

So Thank you to all of you who have donated and it's never too late. Just click the link on the right and it only takes 10 minutes. EVERY amount helps and is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment