Sunday, June 12, 2011

marathon weekend in pictures

Heading to the airport bright and early. I had to go to physical therapy before we caught our plane so it was a really early morning for us. 


At the Health and Fitness expo to check in! My heart was pounding.

Walking through downtown SD. I used to spend summers here with my family and the Caminitis. Missed it so much.


Once my parents got there on Saturday we went BACK to the Expo so mom and dad could buy some gear for race day.


So blessed to have such an amazing and supportive Jeffy in my life. 

Waiting in line for the inspiration dinner the night before. Over 3,000 Team in Training runners and family were there.




Motivation enough for me. Sweet baby boy with Leukemia. His parents were running the 1/2 for the first time.
Finish Line after I crossed!

Morning of the race waiting to line up. Our whole crew!

That Sunflower on the hat was truly a sign from God that I was suppose to be running this race. I always gave Brandy sunflowers for her birthday, the race happend to fall the same weekend as the 2 year anniversary of her death. 

Erin and I waiting for the start line...notice it's light out already. We waited anxiously for about 2 1/2 hours to actually start running


Started together 5 months ago and finished together! Lub you Kelly! Couldn't have done this with out you.

Still waiting for the race to start! Such a pretty course though. 

And we're OFF!





It's been a crazy busy 2 weeks! I was super nervous and emotional before the race and then as soon as we got back we had 2 days before moving. So life has been a little crazy right now. As soon as we get more settled I'll update more about the race and the new place. For now I'm going to enjoy the rest of the finals and HOPEFULLY a MAVS win tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment