Monday, June 27, 2011

Training

I really want to keep a better record of my training this season so this seems to be the best place to keep it.

We had our first practice this past Saturday and it felt so great to get back into the swing of things. As much as I might hate geting up at 6am every Saturday morning to run miles I kind of missed it during my 3 weeks off. I popped right out of bed when my alarm went off this weekend and was ready to go!

I have recruited 2 friends to run with me this season and I'm excited to see how they take it all in. I also went straight to my favorite running store, Luke's Locker, right after our first practice to get a fresh new pair of running shoes for the new season. Introducing the Broooks Launch:


After much research online for the best new pair (I had some bad experiences last season) I found these and they seem to fit PERFECT! I have yet to try them out, I will tonight though. Shoes and socks are the most important elements in running and preventing blisters and injuries. I wouldn't believe it if it didn't happen to me but the wrong shoes can cause serious injuries to your muscles. So keep your fingers crossed these work for me!

To anyone out there wishing to cross a marathon or 1/2 marathon off their bucket list I highly recommend Team in Training. They really are the best! They have the best coaches and mentors who can answer any and every question you have. I have had the best experience with them which is why I'm joining them for another one. Not only are you doing something great for yourself, ut your doing something great for others!

Anyways Happy Monday everyone. Hope you all have a super week.

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment