Wednesday, June 15, 2011

moving along...slowly

I can't wait for it to be a week with nothing going on. Even as I'm sitting here on my couch relaxed and just typing, my mind is going 1000 miles an hour with stuff I need to be doing. I'm not one of those people who can move and then slowly unpack and get settled. I want everything unpacked, put away and looking perfect with in 48 hours. My oh my that has not happend this move. 

Things have gone wrong left and right and I just can't seem to get settled quite yet. Feels like everyday I think of something were missing and add it to the list. And I'm not a patient person who can wait for things to arrive. When I see or think of something I need I want it right then or it's gone when I come back to get it. Case in point our kitchen table. Our place is not huge at all and the "dinning area" is pretty small and located right in the middle of a traffic area. I found this perfect table and four stools at wal-mart that could easily be pushed up against a wall to give more walking space. Well a MONTH later (yesterday) we finally go to wal-mart to get it and it's gone! Of course. BUT we did find a nice tall round table at Garden Ridge that will do just the trick and I'm very pleased with it. 

Next on the gone wrong list is the most awesome rug runner for our kitchen that is 5 inches too long. Jeff says we should just cut it...not so sure about that one. 

I feel like I'm being a debby downer right now. I LOVE our new place and more importantly I love that I'm sharing this space with Jeff. It will all come together in due time and it will be the perfect first home for us. We are right on the green belt, it's literally our patio, which s really nice and will make for some fun outdoor adventures this summer. We are also in walking distance from Zilker which is worth all the things gone wrong in itself. Our good friends Kelly and Kyler are even in the same complex. Anyway we are moved in, still have a few things to collect and maybe some painting. I'll post picture with in the next month of how it all turns out though.

Busy weekend for us. My main man Squishy ( Caleb) turns 1 on Saturday and I can't wait to attend his little elmo themed party. Then Sunday we are heading off to Waco to see both our families for fathers day and my sisters birthday. Sadly we are missing my Lemo's birthday party Saturday in Waco :( Jeff needs to work that night so we're just going up Sunday for the day. 

CONGRATS MAVS! We were trying to go to the parade tomorrow but it was just too much too soon with so much else going on. 

Good night blog world! Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment