Wednesday, March 9, 2011

all my love to you...Urban Outfitters

Urban Outfitters is going to rob my bank account when we move! I'm loving so many things there right now. I've collected a few photos to share, things I cannot wait to place perfectly in my new place! My decorating style changes every week...this is bad I know. Sometimes I want my place to be very neutral and romantic with soft colors and pretty florals everywhere. Other times I want a very modern bold look with the "less is more" idea. This month I'm leaning more towards the eclectic movement (which i think is going to work best in a male/female home). I love the idea of just pretty much throwing a bunch of things we love together and some how making it work. 

We have a lot of the same taste. I do tend to go more romantic but then we compromise in the middle somehow. The bedding we have agreed on which I thought was going to be the most difficult part. Now if only I can get him to approve this shower curtain you're aout to embark on....

1. For our downstairs "guest bathroom" I love this rug! It's just a small powder room so anything bigger would take over the bathroom. I just love the bright colors and crazy print.

And how cute would this little elephant be sitting on the bathroom counter! I have this new thing for elephants and I have no idea where it came from.

2. Since it is our first place together I've been leaning toward little heart decorations here and there. Just to show our love...sounds corny I know but when your moving in with the love of your life for the first time you tend to get the butterfly feeling in your stomach all over again. Well until moving day that is, anyway this heart shaped cutting board will make an excellent addition to our kitchen.
Along with this sweet hanging chalkboard to leave notes and messages to.
3. Little plates and ceramic bowls have been crossing my mind a lot lately. They are so chap and easy to find and I'm sure I can think of multiple uses for them. I can imagine this little guy sitting on a tale by the front door to place our keys in...
And this little guy in my bathroom for jewelry while washing my hands.

4. The shower curtain! I think it's just beautiful and I'm determined to get this into our bathroom somehow. I might have to add a Kobe Bryant picture somewhere in the living room as a compromise.

Add the striped rug for under the sink....Not an exact match but I don't want it too matchy matchy. I've really been loving the mix and match prints in the fashion and decor world. 
And of course add this perfect elephant painting and my future bathroom is shaping up quite nicely.

Thank you Urban Outfitters for not only existing but bringing so many wonderful colors and patterns to my world! I'm positive in the next 3 months we will be seeing much more of each other!

Thoughts? Do you love Urban Outfitters too? What are some of your go to stores when looking to re-decorate?








No comments:

Post a Comment