Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cap10K

I ran my first race EVER this past Sunday and couldn't be more proud of myself.

I never would have thought when 2011 started I would be training 6 days a week and waking up at 6am on a beautiful Sunday to run a 10K. I am loving the change of lifestyle. I feel so much healthier. The race was such an amazing experience. I even got teary eyed at the end. Such a great sense of accomplishment. Monday morning I started looking up more races to practice in before the big MARATHON on June. I know I know 6 miles is nothing compared to 26.2 but after finishing the Cap10K on Sunday I had more confidence then ever about running the marathon. My roommate Jen ran it with me and kept up the whole time which is pretty impressive for someone who probably hasn't ran more then 1 mile in a couple of years. She has no desire to run a half or full marathon with me though. Next race is in April, half marathon in Bastrop! So excited! 

Sweet Sweet Jeffy got up at 8am Sunday morning after working till 5am just to come watch me finish my first race. I'm so glad he was there. He really has been such an amazing and patinent person through this training process. He truly is the most amazing man I have ever met. I've had many emotional breakdowns and he has been right there cheering me on and encouraging me to continue trying my hardest. I'm not going to lie it has been very hard at times. My body is worn out and sometimes I really have to push myself to get in the gym when all I want do is nap after work. I have been sticking to my routine and pushing myself harder everyday.


In other news we have started picking up little things here and there for our new place. Bedding has been ordered even though now I think I have changed my mind, could've seen that one coming. We snagged two gorgeous mirrored nightstands from target, some glasses and silverware from home goods, and a very bright and colorful tray from Pire1. So excited for June to come, so many life changing events that lie ahead.

I'm so grateful for everything God has blessed me with. I'm finally back to my old self and appreciating everything life has to give you!

Have a SUPER day blog world!

1 comment: