Monday, May 23, 2011

june oh june

My oh my June is going to be a month for the books ladies and gents. In the first 10 days of June I have my 3 years anniversary with Jeffy, the 2 year anniversary of bestest passing, my first full marathon in San Diego, and Jeffy and I will be moving in together. Talk about craziness.

Anniversary:
It's crazy to think it's been only 3 years. I find it hard to remember a time in my life with out Jeff in it. So much has changed these past 3 years, I have really changed a lot. I've gone from a college student who worked at a bar to a young professional who is training for a marathon. We've both been through so much together these past 3 years I feel like we can take on anything. Jeff is working on so many things and following his dream. I'm so proud of him for never settling on anything less then what he wants in life. While packing yesterday I ran into some old notebooks where I had written my life on! Jeff found the one form the first year we started dating and it was pretty funny to go back and read now. No big plans for the date. We're going to attempt to see the bats again since they never showed when we went last year. Grab dinner and probably go see a movie. I LOVE going to the movies and there is a new theater downtown we might try out.

Bestest:
2 years flew by. I feel like it was just yesterday everything happend. That day is still blurry in my memory. I'm glad that my marathon falls on the same weekend. I know I'll have an extra push of encouragement that day. Don't get me wrong, she would be the first person to say I was crazy and out of my mind for running a marathon BUT, she would be the first at the finish line waiting and cheering me on. Again while packing yesterday I found an old post card she sent me while she was traveling through Europe a couple years back. It's so awesome to find things like that every now and then. Love you bestest.

Marathon:
EEEK! I'm really starting to get nervous about this thing. I'm excited, scared, anxious, and every emotion you could imagine. I'm starting to get mad at myself for picking this marathon to run because of the date. There is just so much going on around this time that it wasn't the smartest choice. It WILL all work out just fine and hopefully race day will be a nice escape fromt he million things running through my mind. Hard to believe that this time in 2 weeks I'll be coming back to Texas a MARATHON FINISHER!

Moving:
I'm so proud of myself for getting so much packing done this past week. I have packed about 10 boxes and loaded them into the garage already. Huge lift off my shoulders to have some packing done. All that's really left is the kitchen, bathroom and some bedroom things. We've also been good at picking up things we need here and there so it won't be such a huge expense all at once. I'm so excited about moving in with Jeff and about our new place. It's small and cozy but I love it and can't wait to fill it with everything we love.

So if you don't see any new posts for about a month now you'll know why! I'll make sure and update after the marathon though!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment