Tuesday, October 5, 2010

COOPSTER

Jeff reminded me last night that I hadn't made any posts about our little cooper. If you don't know we got cooper the 1st of March 2010. He was 2 months old at the time, Maltese/Poodle mix and was estimated at 5-7 pounds full grown. Well Well Well, he is 9 months old and probably weighs around 15 pounds! That's right our tiny toy puppy isn't so tiny.

BUT I wouldn't trade him for anything. He really is the sweetest pup there ever was. Don't get me wrong he is still a puppy and has his moments of barking, tearing into toilet paper, chewing on flip flops, and accidents. However I've learned that it's more the owners who have to compromise too in living with a new puppy.

1. Don't leave flip flops on the floor. Easy.
2. The barking will decrease as he gets older. He is a puppy.
3. He is pretty much accident free now. But it is our responsibility to take him out, he can't let himself out.

He loves to snuggle right by your head at night and most of the time will stay right there and sleep till around 7am (when i get up anyway). He is in heaven when we take him for walks outside. Just can't get enough of the fresh air and all the different smells.

We have been working on tricks for a while now and he got sit down pretty quickly. Shake was not so easy BUT FINALLY last night he got it! Jeff and I were ecstatic! We had been working with him for so long and he just couldn't get it till yesterday! I don't have any pictures with me at work right now but I'll make another post in the near future with some of our little guy.

We love you Cooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment