Monday, October 4, 2010

picture-less post...

It's finally fall and the weather is ahhhhh-mazing! Jeffy and I have been taking Cooper on walks almost everyday now that it has cooled down. This is my absolute favorite weather month. Leaves are falling, outside is perfect for porch and wine, simply vannnnnnnderful.

This weekend was pretty great too. TX vs OU in Dallas, well we all know how that went. BUT every year my parents for some weird reason make a weekend trip to Austin during OU weekend. This year Jeffy took off from the bar and we had the nicest Saturday night in with my folks. They arrived around noon on Saturday and dad showed off his new truck to Jeff that he had just purchased earlier in the week. This thing has every bell and whistle you can imagine, but very well deserved by my hardworking father. He spends a lot of time in his truck driving to and from work 5 days a week so after having his last truck for 10 years it was time for an upgrade. And boy oh boy did he upgrade. We headed lunch followed by of course a trip to specs. Then dad and Jeffy watched the end of the game as mom and I headed to Lowe's to check out some new carpet. My parents are upgrading their kitchen, carpet upstairs, and laundry room. This means ALL new appliances, new counters, new carpet, new washer/dryer...the works! Can't wait to see the finished project before Christmas.

That night we took my parents to the Melting Pot downtown. Nom nom nom! Love that place. It was extra nice because they placed us in one of the private rooms so we really got to enjoy our own conversation and the whole experience with out anyone else around. After dinner we all headed to my apartment and just enjoyed some wine and a game of sactergories. It was such a nice change of pace for Jeffy and I to get to spend some quality time with my parents and stay in on a Saturday night.

The parentals left early Sunday. I took my little from BBBS to see a movie then came home just to change and head to another movie with Jeffy and a co-worker of mine and his girlfriend. We saw Social Network and it was very good! The best part was just seeing how facebook really developed to what it is today. It's something I do everyday and being able to see the story of how it came about was very interesting to me.

Overall it was a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend. Very low-key for a change of pace.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment