Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oh Halloween...


So I've never really jumped on the Halloween dress like a playboy bunny ban wagon. Honestly I think I only enjoyed Halloween freshman year of college and my friend Melissa and I dressed as the mafia (blank pants, suspenders, white tank, and a hat). Other then that I've always had a test the next day and never went out or for the past 4 Halloweens I've been working at the bar, (It's too good of a night).

But I've never really been into it like most of the girls in Austin are. See here it's pretty much an excuse to dress up like a Victoria secret model, put animal ears on your head and call it a day. I always have a hard time coming up with costume ideas that are 1. warm 2. I'm able to work in and 3. don't look like every other girl walking down 6th street. This year I really wanted to be a dinosaur, weird I know but it was different. I've searched and searched and every costume out there is like a huge Barney Costume. So if someone reading this knows of one thats cute and I won't suffocate in let me know. Or feel free to invent one for next year, I think it'd be a HIT!

So my next idea is a ballerina. It's simple, easy and cheap. Already have the shoes, tights and leo. Just need the tutu which I know of of about a gazillion places to find one. I originally got the idea because of Black Swan coming out december 1st. If you have not seent he trailer please please please play it below. It looks simply amazing. Anyways I thought about being the black swan but then I realized the the world is not as into dance and ballet as I am and some might not get it, that is until after the movie. And now I'm sure every girl will be a black swan next Halloween.


Then I found this in VS online and thought why not just be a normal ballerina:

Obviously my tata's will not be out like that and the tutu will be some what longer, but I think this is a very classy look for Halloween. This was like $200 on VS and is now sold out so I'm creating my own version. Oh and I'll need a tiara of course and my hair in a bun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment