Tuesday, April 5, 2011

16 miles OH MY!

This past saturday we ran 16 miles for our long run. 16MILES!! I am beyond proud of myself you have no idea. The first 4 were warm up, it usually takes me  4 miles to get into the swing of things and get a good pace going. The next 8 miles were great. Not hard at all, it was more repetitive than anything since we were running 4mile loops. That last loop, 4 miles, was tough. But Kelly and I powered through it and made it to the end and thank goodness we weren't the last ones!

I couldn't even relax when I got home that afternoon, I was beside myself that I had just done that. It was and still is such and amazing feeling. This training and marathon has really made an impact in my life. I know I am doing something amazing and for such a great cause but trust me I have my bad days where I just breakdown. Mainly over my fundraising. I still have time before all the money is due, I'm just a planner. I would've loved to had all the money by now and still be collecting above and beyond. After this first race and can train and race and not have to fundraise. But to me that's the whole point of training with team in training, raising money for a cause that affects everyone. Helping save someones life. I have family and family friends who will help out in the end if I don't reach my goal but I would like to do it on my own.

I have a new goal. Not to raise the most money but to have the most donators. I want to be the person who had the most caring group of family and friends. I want to show my team that I have an amazing support system full of people who all took the time and any amount of money to support me and this cause.

So please please please take 10 minutes out of your day, go to my donation page on the right hand side and donate anywhere from $1-$100. I can't imagine how amazing it will look to have my page full of donors! Please pass this to family and friends and help stomp out BloodCancer!

XOXO

Reesa

No comments:

Post a Comment