Monday, April 18, 2011

48hours

What a weekend it was! Lemme tell you a story about a great weekend with great friends and family. 


It all started at 5am...that's right 5AM on saturday morning. I woke up full of energy and ready to run my first official 1/2 marathon! Kelly, Kyler, and I drove out to Bastrop (about 30mins from Austin) for the Zoomba 1/2 marathon. It was awesome! Obviously not my favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning, but I loved it. I had a good run and finished in 2hours and 27minutes. It was such a cool feeling crossing that finish line and now I am even more excited about the full marathon coming up in ONLY 6 weeks! That's right 6 weeks left to donate friends, so if you haven't please feel free to click the link to your right and donate to help stomp out blood cancers!


After the race we scooped up Jeff and made our way to Houston for the LiL Wayne concert ((I'm not a big rap person by any means)). Jeff and Kyler love this rapper, so Kelly and I bought tickets for their birthdays. I must admit it was an AWESOME concert. There were multiple performers and they all put on a great show. We all had a blast and enjoyed a night away from Austin. We stayed in downtown Houston walking distance from the Toyota Center, where the concert was held. It was nice to take a little walk back to our hotel after the show. Yes I know this dose not sound safe at all, I was against it  all along, we made it ok. 


Sunday morning we all woke and up, packed our things, and headed to my parents for some BBQ before we hit the road back to Austin. I love my home in Houston and I hope my parents never leave there. Mom and Dad of course were the best hosts. We had food, drinks, snacks, cookies, pie, and everything you could imagine. My, oldest and dearest, friend Lara and her hubby Charlie came by for some BBQ as well. We all had a great time catching up and eating yummy food.


All in all it was a super weekend/48 hours and sadly I have no pictures to show for it! My camera died after 2 pictures at the concert :( I am determined to get better at taking more pictures, I have been slacking lately. 


Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment